Re: Rear Axle Bearings

To: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Bearings
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 18:44:11 -0600
In my opinion it shouldn't be a problem.  I just looked my original MGB
Workshop manual from 1966 (which I just bought off of eBay the other day) and
it doesn't not list any alternate thicknesses for the spacer like it does the
pinion thrust washers.  Also, looking at the diagram of how the assembly is put
together, it shouldn't really cause any oil leaks.  Of course John Twist's
opinion is worth a lot more than mine.  I could probably check the bearings on
my '64 B if you really wanted me too since I pulled the axle assembly on
Saturday and have it sitting on my work bench.

Kevin Brown        '64 MGB    '71 MGB
Odessa, MO