Re: 70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable Saga Continues

To: "Gary Davis" <6GPRO.GDAVIS@ibr6gw82.gp.usbr.gov>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable Saga Continues
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:30:05 -0500
I don't know about '70 GT's in particular, but on my '73 GT the speedo cable
passes througha hole in the fire wall between the bonnet hinge and the
heater box
that allows the cable to pass straight into the passenger compartment
directly behind the speedometer, and doesn't require a right angle at the
speedo.
I know the Moss' catalog shows a right angle drive on some model years at
the speedometer but I only have VB's in front of me and the right angle
drive is only shown at the gearbox end of the cable.
don't know if any of this info is useful... just my .02.

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm