Re: 70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable Saga Continues

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable Saga Continues
From: JstBob@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 20:50:12 EST
Paul,
I believe you just missed it!! The VB catalog lists an angle drive for the
speedo in the dashbord section.
Bob, 71 mgb (another yellow one)

Paul  Tegler wrote:

>>I don't know about '70 GT's in particular, but on my '73 GT the speedo cable

passes througha hole in the fire wall between the bonnet hinge and the

heater box

that allows the cable to pass straight into the passenger compartment

directly behind the speedometer, and doesn't require a right angle at the

speedo.

I know the Moss' catalog shows a right angle drive on some model years at

the speedometer but I only have VB's in front of me and the right angle

drive is only shown at the gearbox end of the cable.

don't know if any of this info is useful... just my .02.<<