B heater control valve ARRGH!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: B heater control valve ARRGH!
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:41:40 -0400
>Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 22:54:34 +0000
>From: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
>To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: B heater control valve ARRGH!
>Sender: owner-mgs@autox.team.net
>
>All...
>
>I wish I'd left well enough alone....So I pull the old valve off (which is
>a PITA to get a wrench onto BTW) and noticed that the old one had no
>gasket.  Neither did the new one, so I figured I'd just do what had been
>done by the factory and put it on without...
>
>So the questions...is this thing supposed to have a gasket?  And are
there any rticks to getting a wrench onto the thing, especially the
botton bolt?

>Karl Shultz

Karl -

There definitely should have been a gasket with your new one. But then
again, I've made a lot these gaskets with an X-Acto knife.   I also smear
the new gasket lightly with gasket cement.  ' Wish I had a solution for
that bottom bolt - just struggle with a 7/16" end wrench.  If I remember
right, it helps to remove dizzy cap and rotor - ' gives you a little more
room to work.

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs