Re: More Mobil 1

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Mobil 1
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 02:13:15 GMT
>Actually the taxi test is pretty good because  there is a lot of idling and
>stop and go driving.  Far more severe duty than driving under a constant
>load.  Also I challenge you to find another OBJECTIVE test that has been
>done that shows any measurable difference in engine wear for using a
>synthetic......................Just for arguments
>sake.....................Cheers Henry Morrison

Again, just for argument's sake, the taxi test says nothing about cold
start protection or the effects of repeated cooling and heating on the oil.
It is not the idling that bothers me about the test, but the fact that the
engines never get cold. I don't know if synthetics are really better; I
think for an objective and accurate test they should probably use daytime
fleet vehicles that sit overnight every night. That would better simulate
most people's driving habits.

Cheers,

Nevin