Oil temps.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil temps.
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:10:16 PST
Those of you who are worried about excessive oil temperature might like
to look at redline oil's web site: http://www.redlineoil.com (it used to
be this, but today, I get no response). They sell a 20/50 which they say
should NOT be used in applications where the temperature is LESS than
235 degrees (again, I think). It is also suitable for engines with
larger clearances, so I assume OK for most MGs.

The point is, if you use this or other synthetics, you don't have to
worry so much about oil temperature. There may still be issues about
expansion of the metals in the engine......

Or so, I believe, but I expect to be corrected by others on the list!

Regards

Simon