Re: Rocker stand shims

To: "Calvin Krug" <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rocker stand shims
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:13:53 -0800
This received a lot of discussion a year or so ago. Barney came up with the
suggestion that they are there to add a very slight bow to the rocker shaft,
to keep it tight in the four pedestals. Shafts from set-ups without the
shims do seem to show marked wear patterns where the shaft passes through
the pedestals. So, if you are worried about the possibility of your shaft
wearing where it passes through the pedestal, (which could account for a
small part of the valve train noise) then fit the shims.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center