Re: tire size

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire size
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:42:03 +0000
>From one who agonised (publicly via this list) over tyre size choice for
ages and then when I lashed out and got what I thought would be right
whined like a stuck pig about my choice (publicly via this list) my
advice is...

Go the 175's!

I originally hated the ride, but after getting used to it - it was just
"different' from my 165's - I now love them.  Plenty of grip and you can
still drift the back end out if you try.  I am afraid that the 185's
would have been far too 'hard' and the grip would have been impossible
to live with.  The 165's were just too slippery for my liking.

Besides after doing a fair bit of high speed, long distance driving
lately (65-75/80mph) I somehow simply feel safer on the 175's especially
on long sweeping bends and when I unexpectedly hit a sharp bend from
high speed.

My $AU10.00 (about $US0.02).

Eric
MGB MkII