SU tuning issues

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU tuning issues
From: "Bill Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:31:36 -0600
Sometimes those of us who have been around a while (such as remembering
what kicked off the original cat thread)  forget the basics.  If you are
having trouble tuning your MG and you are sure that everything is
properly tuned, check out the following web page:

ftp://ftp.team.net/sol/

and download the file [suneedle.exe].  This is a self extracting
compressed version of the DOS program "Haystack" as in finding a needle
in one.  If you tell the program what needle you are running, it will
tell you the diameter at various stations along the needle.  If you have
a midrange stumble, you may want to pick a needle with a thinner middle
(we all want a thinner middle, don't we?) while keeping the top and
bottom the same. Change the numbers and Haystack will find the needle
number that most closely matches what you need (or think you need).
Even if you don't replace your MG's needles the program is a lot of fun.

Usual disclaimers apply.  No virus a year ago.  Your carb, your money.
April showers bring May flowers.  I'd rather have a bottle in front of
me than a frontal lobotomy.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA if only I could remember where I parked her ;-(  Winter is too
long
She is covered though so there should be no paw prints.