Re: Another Brake master cylinder question

To: ninab@scoresheet.com
Subject: Re: Another Brake master cylinder question
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:22:36 EST
Nina,
  I stopped the squeaks on my GT's pedals with a shot of WD40. Use the
little tube that comes on the can so that you can get a blast right up on
the pivot point.  You might find it easiest to do this from under the
hood.
  Remove the black, rounded cover. These screws are probably stuck, so
you will need to use a Posidrive screwdriver (looks like phillips but
isn't quite the same) as these are posidrive screws.  When the cover is
off, you will be able to see how the pedal pivot on the shaft. There is
probably old, stiff, dry grease or oil on the bushings now, and the WD 40
will make it lubricate again.
Bob