Re: obscure question - austin marina

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: obscure question - austin marina
From: John Trindle <johnt@tsquare.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:46:42 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, teds wrote:

> I have surfed around and can't find the answer to this.
>
> I have a intake/exhaust manifold from an austin marina, circa 1974, this has
> an intake manifold that looks identical to the late model mgb's (same basic
> engine), and a 1974 no cat, exhaust.
>
> what was the model/size of the SU that was sold with the marina ? I'd like
> to try one on this manifold and see how it runs.

My B had this manifold with an HIF6 when I bought it.  It seemed to work
OK but was a bit gutless.  A single HIF6 has about 3/4 the inlet area of
dual HIF4s, if my math is even close.

I can't swear the low power was due to the carb, could have been timing or
compression (engine was nearing rebuild time).  It started, idled, and ran
just fine... and less adjustment was needed.

--
John M. Trindle | johnt@tsquare.com    | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire H Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock