steam cleaning

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: steam cleaning
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:01:38 -0800
I am planning on doing a major POR-15 attack on the underside of my car
but of course I'd like to get all the old crap off first so it adheres
properly.  Steam cleaning seems like the best bet, do I need to remove any
hoses or electrical bits from the bottom of the car before its done?

I will probably use the black and do everything underneath the car including
the wheel wells.  Should look rather sharp and hopefully as a side bonus,
it will stop further rust progression.

I assume since it will be on the bottom of the car, the UV sensitivity
isn't an issue.  The POR-15 FAQ says UV simply affects the appearance
and not the function so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Do I need the metal ready or marine clean stuff?

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375