Re: Steam Cleaning

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steam Cleaning
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:31:37 -0600
Skye:
For underneath the car, I don't think you really need to worry about using
the metal-prep or marine stuff. I started using some on my Tahoe's frame,
and it isn't any different from the usual rust converter stuff, and it's
really messy -- basically a PITA. I think it's primarily for sheet metal
that has gotten rusty. If you can get the underside really clean, you should
be fine just putting the POR-15 straight on - a little surface rust gives it
extra "bite" per the instructions. Beware though! That's no joke about it
not coming off your hands until the skin cells wear out! Use gloves and
don't let it drip on your face or you'll look really strange.
YMMV, of course.
Dan
73 B