Re: Surprise Guest

To: mgdave@uswest.net, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Surprise Guest
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 16:45:21 -0500
Dave,

    I firmly believe that MGs are designed specifically attract
rodents.  I make this claim based on the fact that
more than 50% of the cars that I looked at while searching for
my 80 B had evidence of another life form living in the
car.  The most common living quarters were in the fenders above the
wheel well.   Should you doubt my "research", the final data
point was my own car.  Within one month after parking my car
in the garage we found a mouse living in it.  An old fashion
mouse trap "eliminated" the problem.  At the urging of my wife
I tried other methods but the mouse just kept comming back.

   To keep them out next year, you might try putting
some moth balls in the engine compartment and wheel wells.  I don't
know if I would want to place them in the passenger area though.

Good luck,

Gene Balinski
80'B

PS you should have heard my wife screem when this tiny mouse came running
out of the
car for the first time !!!!!