Re: Craftsman vs Metrinch

To: MGList <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Craftsman vs Metrinch
From: Ray Wygonik <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:24:26 -0500
I have been buying Craftsman hand tools for 30 years.  Quality has remained
constant.
Have returned a half dozen or so tools during that time with
no-questions-asked replacement.  Mostly 12 pt sockets rounded out, replaced
all with 6 pt. (good comment Art).  1 bad ratchet.  Gears wore out from use,
they gave me new insides, which was fine.    Can't touch Snap-On tools for
anywhere near the sales prices of Craftsman.

Never heard of Metrinch.  Are they a local brand?

I don't feel the same about Craftsman power tools.  Thrown to many of those
away, will never buy another, drills, saws etc...