Fw: alternator belt adjustment

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: alternator belt adjustment
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:06:31 -0600
Now you want things to be easy???!!! You do realize you bought an MG, right?
Seriously, though, it is a pain to get at that nut -- it's in the right
place. The wrench to use is a regular closed-end (box) wrench.  Wait until
you try tightening it while maintaining pressure on the alternator. It's a
pain...but good exercise.
When you replace your rear wheel cylinders some day and have to install the
retaining clips -- tightening the fan belt will seem like a breeze! ;) Just
keep a good sense of humor and never give up.

Dan
73 B