MGC Brakes

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGC Brakes
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:49:51 -0500
Pulled the brake boosters (servos) off the C last night and
brake fluid came out of the big black vacuum drums, it came
out of the connection where the vacuum line on each drum goes
from the manifold to the black drum.  I am no brake expert,
but I don't think there is suppose to be any fluid in that
drum.  Of course the reason I pulled the boosters is that the
brakes don't work very well.
The fluid that came out of the vacuum connection at the drum
did have that nice clear look of brake fluid, it had a reddish
brown color, some what akin to bourbon in a glass.  Except, I
like to see bourbon in a glass, not my brake systems.
Any comments or suggestions welcomed.
I have ordered two new brake boosters (ouch) and they are
expensive.  Even the rebuild kits are high as a cats back.
THANKS!
MIKE R
52 MGTD
59 MGA