Re: MGC Brakes

To: MG4EVR@aol.com, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGC Brakes
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:04:59 -0500
Working under the assumption that the end of the brake line might be bad I
pulled
the brake line out ( no easy task)  I can't get it to thread in any of the new
servo fittings but it slides right in the old ones.  I bought a new short piece
of line that does not have the correct flared end yet it will screw right in.
This just does not make any sense.  Now I have to rerun the brake line, find one
that will fit on both ends and then remount the servo.
Where does one find this oddball flares on the brake line.  I think I will have
to go to a machine shop and have the hole machine and or have new ends placed on
the fittings.
Any suggestions welcomed.