More Master Cylinder questions...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More Master Cylinder questions...
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:41:29 -0800 (PST)
I asked this question some time ago when it wasn't such a pressing issue and
got no reply so I'll try again.

Tomorrow I pick up the freshly relined brake and clutch master cylinders for
the GT.  The pedal box has been stripped and refurbished and is hanging in
my shop waiting for the master cylinders to be installed.  My question is:
Since it'll be some time before the GT hits the road again what should I do
with the relined masters?  Should I install rebuild kits lubed with DOT 5?
Should I wait till the car is ready for the road before installing rebuild
kits or what?  Bare in mind the relined cylinders may sit empty for a year
or two in a West coast (read: moist) environment before seeing the road
again.  Anyone got any experience/ horror stories on this?

TIA

Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849
Surrey, BC, Canada

PS.  Did you know that the lid of a 2 litre Pepsi bottle is a good fit for
the clutch/brake master cylinders of a CBB?  Don't ask me why I know this.....
Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849
Surrey, BC, Canada