stripping 77B

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: stripping 77B
From: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 17:11:00 -0500

Well listers I have completed my search and found a competent body man
to handle the sills and repaint of the 77B. Just in time as Obsolete's
body metal should be on sale next month. I have stripped B's before but
not to the extent I intend to do this one. Windshield, vent windows,
cowl pad etc. I told the guy he would get just the body tub and only
have to tape up the dash/wheel and engine bay.
Any experience out there to share?
I am replacing all weatherstrip except the tank seal. I understand that
the windshield seal is a job in itself. This won't be for a while but
any pointers? The vent windows are coming out to replace those seals.
Does the window glass HAVE to come out? I understand this can be a pain
too. Any advice much appreciated. Gotta get the 77 up to snuff for the
Great Newfoundland Millennium Excursion!!!
Best Wishes & Safety Fast
Andy Proudfoot 77B
Gander, Nfld