RE: There's RED and there's RED (Color Question)

To: "'Paul Tegler '" <wizardz@amdyne.net>, "'mgs'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: There's RED and there's RED (Color Question)
From: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@bskyb.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 07:39:59 +0100
Carmine Red was used on post 1977 cars, it replaced Damask which is darker.
Carmine is halfway between Damask and Tartan Red. We reprayed my '78 GT in
Carmine twin pack. I get a alot of favourable comments about the colour -
though this could be because the car is just out of the paintshop which
would even make Tundra look good? See example
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~spridget/chrisMGBGT2.jpg
Tartan Red(RD9)would look fantastic, though didn't Flame Red(BLVC61)replace
Tartan Red in 1969? - not sure this matters though? I think Flame is is more
orange than Tartan.

Chris Nevard
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~spridget