Re: inspection help, 77B

To: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: inspection help, 77B
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:39:53 -0800
Word on the street is that Tom McLaughlin said:
> Can you give me some tips on how to temporarily improve emissions...lean
> out the mixture, advance/retard the timing etc.  I've seen a few of
> these, but don't remember exactly what to do.

First make sure everything is tuned properly and you don't have any air
leaks or other malfunctioning equipment.  You may have to reconnect the
emissions equipment to your '77.  Sorry.

1. Lean the mixture
2. Retard the timing
3. Open up the valve clearances to as much as .025"

All from the British Automotive article MGB5  www.mgbmga.com

Good luck!
Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375