Re: Crack of Doom

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Crack of Doom
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:22:18 +0100
As well as welding up the crack I also welded in a small flange round the
edge of the hole in the top of the door where the 1/4 light goes through as
it was the only area that didn't have one.  Later I saw some BMIHT doors and
they had this flange piece already in place.  I also fabricated a plate to
go inside the door skin for the door mirror to screw into and support that
part of the door skin - the curvature of the plate was slightly less than
that of the door.  Finally I made sure that as the door closed the 1/4 light
only came into light contact with the sealing rubber on the windscreen.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/