Re: Good Day , Bad Day

To: "BRUCE PHILLIPS" <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Good Day , Bad Day
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:27:36 +0100
If it pings under load with your tuning method you should retard the
ignition until it doesn't.  Also check the centrifugal advance mechanism (I
have just put a set of curves on my web site - click 'Spanners' and
'Curves').  If the return springs are stretched, broken or misplaced you
will get maximum advance as far too low an rpm.  Also check your vacuum
advance is returning freely.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/