Re-tuning

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re-tuning
From: "Scott Regel" <SRegel@dpra.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 15:24:18 EST
Hi,

I'm pretty new to the list.  I bought a 76B for X'mas.  I had two 63's twenty
years ago (one 1600 and the other 1800)...couldn't fight the itch anymore and
caught the wife at the right time!  The PO had taken all the smog equipment off
 before he tried to put it on the road in Virginia.  Long story short, he had
the car down tuned to get past VA emissions.  Fortunately for me in Maryland,
the car isn't required to pass emissions any more.  The problem is the PO was
in the military and now is some where oversea's.  I'm not sure what he did to
the car, but it is alittle slugish.  It has a weber downdraft on it with what
looks like electronic ignition.  Any idea's on perking her up for the warm
weather?  TIA for any advice and for all the great advice I've gotten from the
list already.  I wish I had all this help twenty years ago!  I miss the chrome
bumpers.  Oh, I never had OD before.  Does the switch go forward to engage the
OD (don't want to trash such a great feature).

Thanks

Scott