Re: Broken snapring

To: owner-mgs@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Broken snapring
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 09:45:10 EST
I tore down the engine in my A and discovered the bug fogger effect upon
decelleration was the result of a broken snapring on the end of a wrist pin.
Result:  scored cylender wall, burned piston.  Oh well, if one is to find
something like that, it is good to find it in your own garage.

I'll need to resleve that cylender, and am trying to find a good piston to
replace the one that has departed this life.

I have a B GH engine in the car.  I was running .040 over hepolites (4 ring
variety).   Would anyone have one such piston in good order that they are
willing to part with?  Failing that, I plan to rebuild an 18V engine in the
back of the shop for it.  Lowrie, if you are listening what would you charge
for a set of .060 over 8.75 pistons for the 18V engine that Moss came out
with a few months ago?

Thanks to all.

Bob Shaw
57 MGA in pieces