Re: Original Equipment BL radios

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Original Equipment BL radios
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@tmlp.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 01:24:28 -0400
Maybe this worked for me because I didn't know it shouldn't...

In my (pos ground) MGA I hooked up a neg ground radio by isolating the radio
from the metal instrument panel with plexi-glass brackets. (Easy to
fabricate by heating and bending/twisting...) Then I connected + to + and -
to -. I didn't do anything special about the antennae because, as I
mentioned, I didn't know I needed to worry about that.

Worked fine for years until I eventually switched the car to neg ground.

Eric J Russell
Bridgewater, MA