OT Re: Officer Travis - 2

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT Re: Officer Travis - 2
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:08:59 -0500
For Art -- you can "copy/paste" the URL to your webbrowser address window...

This is a good story of idiotic government. I bet that thousands will be
offering to contribute to "buy" Travis -- and give him to Officer Haras. (My
beagle-mix's name is Travis too...but he sure ain't no professional --
professional couch potatoe, maybe.)
Usually these dogs are retired to the handler's home, probably for a nominal
"fee". $3500 is outrageous! I'm dubious of the "eastern european" shepherds'
worth too...someone has hornswaggled (a southern term) the bigwig Chicago
politicians! Do they mean Belgian Malinois?
I'm sure all will end well with this publicity though...sometimes
journalists in a free press actually earn their pay! (I'm a journalism
major, btw, so not bashing, other than I've eschewed that lifestyle to
"making" rather than "reporting.)

Dan
73 B