Re: Rear brake cylinders

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear brake cylinders
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 20:05:56 +0100
If the rear brake cylinder contained a 'tank' like the front calipers do
when the pistons are partially extended you would be correct.  But at rest
the pistons in the rear cylinders are 'back to back' with just a small
chamfer on the periphery of each one, so internally the cylinder represents
little more than a pipe, and we have no problem (relatively) bleeding down
from the m/c at the top of the bonnet to the calipers/cylinders near the
floor.

My two-penn'orth.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/