VIR Racetrack

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: VIR Racetrack
From: Don Walton <dhw@pinehurst.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:42:55 -0400 (EDT)
I have heard rumblings for a while about the re-opening of Virginia
International Raceway in south central Virginia.  I don't know how many on
the list are interested in this or have ever heard of the place considering
that the last race for cars was held in 1974, but IMHO this was one of the
neatest tracks in the country. Anyway, if you go to www.virclub.com you will
find out about opening dates and what they plan to do with the track.(SCCA
and vintage racing etc)  I have very fond memories of watching LBCs running
around that track way back then, I even loaned the water pump off my 69
Sp#%fire to a racer so he could compete in the main race.  My water pump was
a DNF though, as he got washed off the track due to a sudden storm during
the race. Anyway, if you like sportscar racing and are within travelling
distance of south central Va, IMHO this could be very enjoyable.  Don Walton
in NC