LBC "cruise"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC "cruise"
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 00:47:12 EDT
I couldnt just sit here and let a beaut of a Sunday evening go to waste.
Fired up the Midget,(I had not even started it since putting in the new main
and rod bearings on Friday) put the top down, and took what ended up a 39
mile "cruise" never going more than about five or six miles from home.
I saw (just up the road about a mile and a half) chrome bumpered wire wheeled
pale blue (where it wasnt cracked, bondoed and rusting) MGB GT which appeared
to be parked in the "for sale" fashion, but if it had a sign in the window it
had fallen off.
About twenty minutes later an early model Fiat Spyder went by, waving as I
was also waving. Top down.
About twenty minutes after that I passed a red rubber bumper MGB with what
looked like "LE" style wheels, top down, getting ready to hit the road again
it appeared.
A kid driving the family SUV shouted "nice car!" as I turned an intersection
in a development. All I could do was wave, as he had already passed me before
he shouted.
Eventually darkness fell, and the top went back up as all I had on was a tee
shirt and shorts. The heater really cranks, but my neck and shoulders were
not up to the  chill thanks to yesterdays "exercise" (transmission swap on 89
Tempo)
So, my little "cruise" slash "test drive" brought out the smile factor in
quite a neat way.Only hitch- the "Radio Shack" bulb I put in the fuel gauge a
mere two months ago (almost to the DAY feb 12) has burned out already. And
that was with the rheostat turned down from 'glaring" to "comfortably lit"
At least Im ready for the Tulip Rallye next Saturday in LaConner Washington.

Gary
75 Midget daily use
75 Midget project car