Re: Noise from MGTD when hitting dip in road.

To: 104610.3053@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Noise from MGTD when hitting dip in road.
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:10:21 EDT
Jim,
  After a new tail pipe was installed in my car, there was a sound of a
pipe being hit with a hammer too. Turned out that it was a tailpipe being
hit by a rear axle.  The new mounts were slightly different from the old
mounts, and the slight difference caused the interference.  While you are
poking around, do check the level of the fluid in the shocks, just in
case they are low.
Bob