Re: Noise from MGTD when hitting dip in road.

To: 104610.3053@compuserve.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Noise from MGTD when hitting dip in road.
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:06:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/99 10:35:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
104610.3053@compuserve.com writes:

<<                 Sometimes when I run over a "dip" in the road
 I get a loud noise from under the back of the TD which
 sounds like a pipe being hit by a hammer.  Shocks have
 been rebuilt in last year.  The noise is louder and happens
 more often if someone is riding in the car with me.
    Thanks for all replies and suggestions. >>
I have similar noise in 74B. I have removed everthing from trunk, checked
suspension, fuel canister in trunk, folding top frame etc,etc. Is it possible
that it is slapping of leaves in rear leaf springs. anybody had similar
experiences?
robmgb
74B