RE: One more Q

To: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Subject: RE: One more Q
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:42:42 -0700
Calvin:

        From what I have seen of various dismantled original cars.  And
based on a little bit of understanding of how the cars were painted I offer
this comment.

        The cars had an all over color coat.  Then the front valence and
rear under bumper areas were shot with the matte black paint.  I have seen
cars that do not appear to have ever had the front valence painted too.  But
it is possible these were repaired early on.

        Personal comment.  I think the LE type spoiler makes the rubber
bumper look come together, and makes your question academic.  Painting the
valence black, or installing the spoiler visually lowers the front of the
car.

        Beige, paint it beige.

Kelvin.