Re: MGB Clutch Hydraulics

To: "Brian Swearingen" <bswearingen@nfco.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Clutch Hydraulics
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:42:31 -0600
Brian,

As a fellow proud owner of a '74 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser (soft top), I can
safely say that the MG hydraulics are much easier to work with - only one
wheel cylinder per wheel and one adjustment per wheel as opposed to the two
on the Land Cruiser.

But the clutch is another story. Its tough to purge all the air out. I'd
say keep pumping although other listers may have a more efficient way. I
just kept at it, pumped like hell, and it finally worked on my 71 BGT
(after a complete rebuild of master and slave cylinder).

David
67 BGT
71 BGT
74 Landcruiser