Re: NO HEADLIGHTS (LUCAS - LORD OF DARKNESS)

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NO HEADLIGHTS (LUCAS - LORD OF DARKNESS)
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 01:27:41 +0510
Max Heim wrote:

> Boy, this exact thing happened to me about two years ago (also at a
> gas station). Unfortunately, I can't recall what I did to fix it. I
> think I just jiggled wires at the fuse box. Later I went throught
> the whole harness and cleaned and replaced connectors. That pretty
> much dealt with  everything.

Well, I have decided to let the local MG Guru (Mr/Sir Bazzica) have a
glance at it... seeing he has offered and I will post the results.  I
haven't been able to find any daylight time (or night time) to have a
decent go at it and was waiting until the weekend.  I always take up an
offer like this when it is presented and will probably find that he puts
his finger on the dud wiring in a flash.

That is what you get with many, many years of experience. Like when
someone noticed one reverse light out on an MG and was about to suggest
the person replace the globe.  Bazzica moves the guy aside and gives the
thing a thump and on it comes.  Now I had experienced the exact same
thing on my car so could have done it too... but this "doyen of the
Marque" most probably has seen the same sort of silly problems with
virtually every part of an MG by now.

It is nice to know someone who you can so totally trust with your car.
And it happens I bumped into him almost by accident... I bought my car
from his shop and now I am able to recommend him to others who have
owned MGs for years and grumble about the people who they go to.

I can say this without him blushing (not that the old bugger would
blush) because there is only one other South Australian on this list
(that I know of)... yes, he knows him too and I assume he would concur.

Isn't it fun being a part of this family!!!

Eric (in a wonderfully magnanimous mood this morning)
'68MGB MkII