Re: Back to the Intake Backfiring - #$%#$%ing car

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>, <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Back to the Intake Backfiring - #$%#$%ing car
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 07:51:17 -0700
For what its worth, I can add the results of an actual test -

We had an MGB in for a Smog test tune-up. On the smog machine we detected
higher emission readings than would pass. We removed the owner's set of
Splitfire plugs and replaced them with a set of single-electrode plugs. Our
machine then recorded a worthwhile drop in emissions. The Splitfires were
not new but were also not heavily carboned or sooted up.

My belief is that all the glowing testimonials for Splitfire plugs come from
people whose old sparkplugs were totally worn out and for whom the fitting
of any type of new plug would have made the differences they claim to have
seen.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center