RE: Halogen Bulbs

To: "'Mike Razor'" <mrazor@kih.net>,
Subject: RE: Halogen Bulbs
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:06:01 -0400
Mike,

  There's no free lunch.  As I understand it, halogen headlamps will produce
more light, but that will require more current.  I don't know about extra
heat in the bulbs being a problem, but I'd bet the wiring produces some.

  Some time ago I got an excellent link from this list regarding automotive
lighting.  Please point your browser at http://lighting.mbz.org/faq/.
There's info about halogens lamps as well as those funky blue headlights,
European spec lamps vs. DOT, how to wire headlamp relays and more stuff you
didn't even think to ask.

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B - with Halogen sealed beams courtesy of the PO.  Must remember to buy
a fire extinguisher.