Re: Distributor Vaccuum

To: lahla@wolfenet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributor Vaccuum
From: "Dennis Berman" <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 07:45:17 -0500

> Anyone have an idea where the vacuum connection on the distributor runs
> to?
>
> I have a 79B, Zenith carb, and for the life of me cannot find the other
> connection.  There is no tube currently in existence, and I haven't been
> able to find anything of help in the Haynes manual.

Hello,

   I followed mine, the vacuum tube leads from the
   distributor to a small (triple) connection box
   next to the brake master cylinder.

   I've I'm not mistaken, I believe that this tube
   provides an indication to increase the idle
   when in either 2nd gear or in reverse.

   Hope this helps. If not, let me know and I'll
   draw up a diagram from that triple connection
   box.

--
Regards,

Dennis Berman