under power (Normal or not?)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: under power (Normal or not?)
From: Mikecquinn@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:07:40 EDT
I have a 74 CB all emission's have been removed, I have a Weber downdraft and
an electronic ignition all installed by PO. The car runs great it is very
smooth with no problems except one. It seems to really top out on the power
curve at about 3500 rpms. I had a 71'B many years ago that was completely
stock under the hood and my recollection was that it had significantly more
power. I have to admit that toward the end of the time that I owned it I did
put a cam in it and I do remember the cam making a big difference, but for
some reason I think it always had a good amount more power than my 74. I've
been told one person that the weber does not have as much power than the SU's
but I don't have anything to back that up. Any suggestions on what I can do
to get more power with out breaking the bank.
--Mike