Re: HELP HELP HELP - please help

To: mkris@sprynet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP HELP HELP - please help
From: EricSsmc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:57:52 EDT
Chris,
Obviously, the previous owner slid on by the auto inspector, by hook or
crook.  If I read your e-mail correctly, you've already answered your own
question.  You said the DPO removed the emissions equipment.  Put it back on.
 I've owned a bunch of MGB's and never had a correctly equipped car that
would not pass the emissions here in NC - even with a Zenith, which
historically is a incredibly rich runner carb.  I would think the Weber DGV
would be much more adjustable (lean) than the Zenith.  AT least it was in my
experience with Mustang II (don't throw rocks please - it was a mistake!).
Reinstall the air pump and air rail (gulp valve won't hurt either) and lean
the DGV out.  You should do just fine.  Remember, the emissions stuff was put
on there to help the car meet certain emission requirements.  It may pass
without the emissions stuff, but it has a better chance with it on there.

Eric Swanger
79 MGB which passed emissions