more consistent metallic clunk

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: more consistent metallic clunk
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 99 22:40:51 EDT
Hi all,
   Chapter 1 was a transmission related clunk - I thought.
Chapter 2 was a changing of
the tranny oil ... messy but done and no metallic chunks.
  Here's chapter 3 and I
request suggestions from the knowledgeable and even the notso if they make
sense.

        A metallic clunk occurs every time I lift my foot from the gas and
a second clunk occurs when I put pressure so the pedal moves down.
 I don't have to change gears. I only have to change the
driveshaft from loaded to not loaded or pressured to unpressured...what is
the terminology to use when one changes from active driving to ?inactive-when
the gas pedal is not under foot pressure?
       In other words, when the B changes from gas to no gas while in gear,
this metalic clunk occurs and it occurs in the opposite transition as well.

Suggestions?
Bill
'76B