RE: more consistent metallic clunk

To: "'Bill Saidel'" <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: more consistent metallic clunk
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:29:53 +0200
Hi Bill,

Does the sound still come from the tranny?
If so - see earlier messages about this - check the tranny mounting rubbers.
These rubbers are ineffective due to leaking oil making these worthless.

Another possibility is play in the U-joints. Easy to check when you are
under the car.

If the sound comes from the rear it looks like the differential gear.

Cheers,

Hans

filling the hydraulics in the '71 BGT