Shifter, fan, Linux

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shifter, fan, Linux
From: Michael Jose <cookie-monster@home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 02:07:33 -0700
Hey,
My girlie bought me a walnut shift knob for my birthday, and I want to
install the darn thing.  Now the new one looks as if it simply screws
on, but the old one will not simply screw off (ha).  Is there any trick
to this?  I do not remember anything in Haynes, but will look again.

I just fixed the electric (LUCAS!) fan on the passenger side (79), and I
was wondering if a mechanical fan could be installed on the spacer that
is present currently.  Is there any limiting factor to doing this on a
79? What year fan should I try?

All this talk about OS's has me interested.  When I buy my new computer,
I am going to attempt Linux (Caldera or Red Hat).  Is anyone on the list
currently running Linux?  Anyone know anyone, or have any
real-experience information?

Thanks for help on these questions and others as they come.  Sorry about
the slightly off topic behaviour.

Mike Jose
Phoenix