Re: Clutch Bleeding

To: <REwald9535@aol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:52:43 -0400
>In a message dated 4/26/99 7:38:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:
>
>> >Hi MGers, I have my engine and tranny out of the car and wonder if it is
>>  >possible to bleed the clutch hydraulics before I completely install the
>>  >tranny-engine in? Enrique
>>  Yes!! Get a shop vac, rubber tubing and a film canister.
>
>Am I missing something here?  If the engine and trans are bolted together on
>the floor and the clutch master is located in the car on the other side of
>the garage.  How do you connect the two together so that you can press down
>on the clutch pedal to bleed it?  Just how long is your clutch flex line 10
>feet?  Once the engine and trans are in the car what do you do with the
>extra
>line wrap it around the bellhousing?
>Rick
OK Here it is again - try this.

cut a hole in the bottom of the film can to fit the tubing tightly.
Instert one end of the tubing into the hole in the film can. Slip the
film can onto the hose from the shop vac. Put the other end of the tubing
on the bleed nipple. Make sure the resivoir is full!! (I forgot and had
to start all over) Open bleed nipple. Turn on vac. It helps to have
someone watch the
fluid level. And it helps if you use clear tubing. Simple heh?

Larry

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager