Re: Triumph vs. MG rally

To: "Mason" <mason@ivy.net>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph vs. MG rally
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:02:45 -0400
>I, like Larry went to the rally last sunday.  It was some of the most
>fun me and my friend matt had ever had.  i got a mild sunburn, and a
>mild carburator problem.
>
>Unfortunately, we came in dead last, with 3 answers, only 1 short of the
>coveted second-to-last spot.  The thing that hurt us the most was when
>the rallymaster handed us the directions, he left out the sheet that
>explained the abbreviations on the directions.  We quickly figured out
>"W" "rt" and "lt" but beyond that, we were lost.  at one point during
>the rally, we shouted "What does SAP mean?" (straight as possible) to a
>lovely young copilot in a TR-6 (don't forget, we are an 18 and 17 year
>old...even rallys are dating pools ;)
>
>Overall, the time was great, and the location was beautiful.  I was
>suprised that i was the only person there who had a daily driver.  I was
>also suprised at the appearance of my fellow drivers.  They all seemed
>to be at most 2 years older than me, even if they were actually 30 or
>more years older.  The magic of the LBC i suppose.  One bad part about
>the rally, other than the fact we were hopelessly lost the whole time is
>my copilot picked up a love for the triumphs....the opposite result i
>was hoping for.  i suppose it was just the girl in the TR-6 though.....
>
>I can't wait for the next rally!! send me any info on any of them in the
>Southeastern PA, North Maryland, NJ area.  they're a lot of fun.
>
>--Mason Apostol
>
>1978 MG B
Hate to disillusion you but My Midget is a daily driver as well. All in
all it was a good outing except for the poor instructions. Stef and I
also had a blast even thought Stef got a little pink in the cheeks and on
the top of her head where she parts her hai. Glad I had a hat.
There will be another in the Fall Maybe we can get the Lucas Cuo back
this time!!
Larry
Ps was also nice to meet another lister

Larry Macy