Re: Spring question

To: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>,
Subject: Re: Spring question
From: wizardz@maxinter.net
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:02:17 -0400
Hello again Jason...
13.5" is the 'stock hieght'
your front springs sound like they are too short.
I made the mistake myself (wrong part # ordered)
and ended up with RB model year rear 7 leaf springs...
at first my 'cheap fix' was a 1" lowering kit which left the rear
at 14.1" and still quite choppy of a bounce due to the right hieght
and angle of the car. Plus the torque generated twist of the
rear axle sitting so high above the rear spring. (spacer installed
and longer u-bolts)
So I finally broke down and bought the right set of rear
springs.
All four corners are within 1/4" of each other at 13.5"
With the tube shocks.. and proper springs, the ride is quite comfortable

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@maxinter.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm