Re: PCV system wanted f/B

To: EricSsmc@aol.com
Subject: Re: PCV system wanted f/B
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:50:28 -0700
Hi Eric,

      It's not quite that simple.  The car is a '77B that was DPO'd to a
fair-thee-well.  He screwed up the brake system to retrofit  a worn-out,
mismatched set of HS4's (since rebuilt and matched by Lawrie), the heater
plumbing is ridiculous, and the hose setup for the charcoal canister is weird.
I may be fighting another plumbing problem rather than an engine wear problem.
The car has a believable 66,000 miles on it, compression is about 135# all
around, the oil pressure hangs at about 75 psi at virtually anything above idle
(800 rpm).  Has plenty of pizzazz on the daily 110 mile commute and doesn't blow
smoke out of the exhaust pipe. It's been suggested that I try a PCV system to
see if that'll help.  If not, I'll probably pull the head and take a look.  The
a/c turns the thought of pulling the engine into a nightmare.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB