Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #1579 Thu Apr 29 16:35:08 MDT 1999

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #1579 Thu Apr 29 16:35:08 MDT 1999
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:20:41 -0700
I tried a couple of different used drivelines sent to me by listers.
The splines should have almost NO discernable play.  If there is any
rotational play you will get a clunk.  If it has movement axially it
will be out of balance which translates to a "buzz" kind of vibration at
certain speeds.  It only takes 10 minutes to pull your driveline, and
you will be glad you did.

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."