pedal bushings, now clevis pins

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: pedal bushings, now clevis pins
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 19:49:41 -0700
Thanks Lawrie for that great tip!!!  I'll have to bake you cookies
sometime, which is how I usually repay favors.  One more question, since
I'm really confused with these clevis pins I have.  Bought 2, got 2
different sizes.  One fit great, the little hole for the pin was right on
the other side of the pedal and master cylinder pushrod.  The second was
too short, the hole didn't make it out the other side of all the things it
had to go through.  Got a third,the hole for the pin is about 1/4 inch away
from the pushrod and pedal after it is fully inserted.  I wonder if this
1/4" of play is acceptable, as it seems it would make the clutch wobbly as
I depress and let up on the pedal.  Haven't driven the car for about a week
and would like to take it out for a run tomorrow, but I may be stymied yet
again.  Thanks,  Nina
P.S.  This is what happens when one of your local buddies moves to Redding
and the other one goes to Australia and Europe for six months!!  I'll have
to rely on this great list.